Dignity Health Medical Foundation established in 1993 is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - one of the largest health systems in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California Arizona and Nevada. Today Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive health care services to the many communities we serve. As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service. Dignity Health Medical Group – Ventura County a service of Dignity Health Medical Foundation is a multi-specialty clinic with seven locations in Ventura County including Camarillo Oxnard and Thousand Oaks. Along with our local affiliated Dignity Health hospitals (St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital and St. John’s Regional Medical Center) we offer an integrated care delivery system that provides high quality compassionate care in family medicine internal medicine infectious disease OB/GYN hematology and oncology neurology pediatrics and rheumatology.
The Medical Office Representative position is the first point of phone customer service contact for our patients, physicians, other clinic staff, internal and external laboratory and imaging staff, hospital staff, patient family members, and vendors by offering customer service, communications, and appropriate distribution of phone calls and messages.
The Medical Office Representative may also perform a variety of other duties including but not limited to collecting and updating demographics and insurance information, verification of health plan eligibility, taking complete and accurate messages, and scheduling mutually acceptable appointment times utilizing an electronic practice management system. The Medical Office Representative may also be asked to perform other clerical duties as needed and requested to support daily clinic operation goals, bench marks, and quality patient care initiatives per departmental guidelines.
- Six (6) month's experience in an outpatient setting as a Medical Office Receptionist preferred; or an equivalent amount of experience in a high-volume customer service role in another industry/environment; or 6 months experience as a Phone Receptionist or Health Information Associate within Dignity Health Medical Foundation.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills are essential.
- Keyboarding skills and the ability to utilize computer equipment and software are required as is experience with other types of standard office equipment.
- Familiarity with an electronic practice management system is preferred.
- Experience with multi-line phones/ACD phones preferred. Medical terminology preferred.