Driving with Lyft in California means you get guaranteed earnings, new benefits, and the flexibility to drive when and where you want. Apply to drive with Lyft in California and start earning on your own terms.
What is Lyft?
Lyft is a platform that connects drivers with individuals and organizations that need rides.
- Be Your Own Boss: Drive when and where you want - and take breaks that work best for you
- Get Benefits: Starting Jan. 1, 2021, you can qualify for a healthcare subsidy when you average at least 15 hours of booked time per week.*
- Guaranteed Earnings: Earn at least 120% of the minimum wage, including $0.30 per mile based on your booked time.
- Youre 25 years or older
- You have a drivers license
- You have a California license plate
- You consent to driver screening and background check
- You have an iPhone or Android smartphone
- 2001 or newer**
- 4 doors
- 5-8 seats, including the drivers
- California license plate
Dont have a car? Rent one through our Express Drive program, with standard insurance included. Available in select cities
- California vehicle insurance
- Driver profile photo
- Proof of vehicle inspection performed by a C-BAR certified mechanic (well show you options in the Lyft app when you apply)
*Starting Jan. 1, 2021, drivers with an average of at least 15 hours per week of booked time in a calendar quarter can begin qualifying for a quarterly healthcare subsidy. Driver must submit proof of current enrollment in a qualifying health plan in the Lyft Driver app within 15 days after the end of the calendar quarter to receive the healthcare subsidy.*
**car year may vary in some regions
Lyft is a great opportunity for those looking for part-time work, hourly work, contract, commission, flexible side gigs, freelancer / freelancing, and work from home / wfh opportunities. No professional driver / driving experience is needed and we encourage entry level and veteran applicants to consider driving with Lyft. Government issued driver's license required. Organized drivers often see the most success, so put your administrative assistant / receptionist skills to use while planning your own schedule. Customer service / sales is at the heart of the driver - rider relationship. If you have previous job experience as a limo driver, taxi, bus driver, courier, or in hospitality / hotels, Lyft is an excellent opportunity to make great money working when you want. Drive in the morning, evening, night, weekends! Lyft welcomes applicants year round - summer, winter, fall, spring, and holiday work seekers. Apply online today.