The HRIS Specialist provides overall support and maintenance of the HRIS systems including UKG UltiPro Core HR/Payroll, Time & Attendance, and other systems supported by the HRIS team. The HRIS Specialist provides production support, including researching and resolving HRMS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements. The individual is expected to support the Payroll department and be responsible for the processing of payroll for the corporate employees. The HRIS Specialist generates ad hoc reports/queries including advanced reportwriting, maintaining and supporting a variety of reports. The HRIS Specialist serves as the primary contact for customer support to Human Resources, Payroll and its employees at the various hospitals and to assigned functional areas. This position will collaborate with the HRIS team as well as other functional areas to provide solutions as well as new system implementations, patches, system upgrades, and other system changes to meet business needs. This position conducts training, including developing user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Trains new system users as well as on new processes/system functionality. The HRIS Specialist is to assist all duties related with HR Information Technology.
Essential Job Functions
- The HRIS Specialist is to maintain and support the HRIS systems (HR and Payroll)
- The HRIS Specialist is to collaborate with the Corporate HR Manager, the HRIS Technical Analyst, and HRIS Specialist/Project Coordinator with the migration of data for the HRIS systems (HR and Payroll).
- In collaborations with the HRIS team, generates complex mainframe reports based on specific time lines including but not limited to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), union step progression increases, benefits and discoverable information requests for legal matters.
- The HRIS Specialist maintains the highest level of confidentiality, integrity and accuracy of all data in the HRIS and affiliated systems.
- The HRIS Specialist enters status changes, new hires, garnishments, etc. for assigned groups. The HRIS Specialist process HR changes requiring special processing and maintains a log of special requests from facilities e.g. transfers, new job codes, etc.
- The HRIS Specialist acts as the primary contact for customer support and the efficient use of the HRIS and time and attendance software for Human Resources and Payroll staff at the hospitals.
- The HRIS Specialist assists in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades and patches.
- The HRIS Specialist assists in the development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs and processes routine reports (census, unemployment, WOTC, etc.) as requested while ensuring that efficient and meaningful reports are generated.
- The HRIS Specialist develops procedures, written guidelines, and manuals for effective communication and business operations related to HRIS.
- The HRIS Specialist trains new system users upon hire and when requested.
- The HRIS Specialist provides support on the self-service portal.
- The HRIS Specialist serves as company liaison and system administrator to HRIS systems.
- The HRIS specialist provides analytical insights and reports to improve HR processes and systems.
- The HRIS Specialist processes payroll related duties for corporate employees.
- The HRIS Specialist maintains and manages the time and attendance system for corporate employees.
- The HRIS Specialist abides by AHMC Code of Conduct and HIPAA compliance.
- The HRIS Specialist performs other duties as assigned.
2-3 years of HRIS, preferably using UKG (UltiPro).
Strong understanding of HR processes and data flow including; eligibility requirements, enrollment rules, employee benefits, timekeeping and wage and hour laws
Payroll processing experience/knowledge preferred
Acute healthcare experience preferred
Advanced experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Must be detail oriented, able to meet deadlines, work various schedules when necessary, and perform off-site training as needed
Excellent communication skills required.
Must have excellent customer and teamwork skills.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field of study preferred