Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Learn more About Daktronics!
Commercial Manufacturing builds displays for customers including financial institutions, hotels and motels, gaming, auto dealers, convenience stores, shopping centers, outdoor advertisers (billboard), and other retail establishments.Commercial Galaxy Manufacturing, located in Redwood Falls, MN, will support the Commercial market through the timely and quality production of Galaxy Displays.
This position is on our Day shift of Monday-Thursday 6:00am-4:30pm. Overtime on Fridays and extended hours when required or volunteers needed.
- Inspect, test, and troubleshoot Printed Circuit Boards, assemblies, sub-assemblies, and displays under the direction of a Technician and Supervisor/Test Engineer. Perform these tasks using the applicable drawings, schematics, and parts lists, in addition to test procedures written for the product under test. This includes configuring enclosures and loading firmware and software.
- Utilize skills to assist in training assemblers on setting up and performing functional tests.
- Effectively operate within the Glovia software environment.
- Work with other areas of manufacturing to identify and resolve defects and identify and implement improvements to increase the overall quality of the product.
- Assist in maintaining, reviewing, and updating existing test procedures as well as assist in part or in total with developing and implementing new test procedures. Work to reduce scrap and rework in Testing area. Effective communication with Test Engineer will be essential to improving processes.
- Coordinate with Test Engineer to best determine the shift testing and repair priorities. Report against plan. Coordinate information exchange with other shifts.
- Ensure that systems being shipped meet the quality and performance requirements.
- Be safety conscious at all times when performing testing or troubleshooting operations.
- Learn Daktronics products, systems, and processes. Become knowledgeable of company policies and procedures.
- Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours. Work additional hours as necessary to meet the challenges of the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet customer and department expectations.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Associates degree in electronics or a bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or equivalent. Equivalent experience may be considered.
- Prefer strong background and experience in troubleshooting to the component level on through hole and SMT technology.
- Ability to solder (training will be provided).
- Computer skills including keyboarding, Excel, and Glovia ERP.
- Good technical writing and verbal communication skills required. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Customer service mindset. Demonstrated experience interacting with a variety of individuals in a positive, professional manner.
- Self-motivated and organized to plan, execute, and document work, plus work with a high level of independence.
- Physical requirements include the ability to:
- Work in an environment with these types of smells: paint, solvent, and solder.
- Frequently lift 35 lbs. Occasionally to frequently lift 45 lbs., in some work areas.
- Stand for the full shift with planned breaks. The duration of standing between breaks varies from 2-3 ½ hours depending on work area.
- Work from heights, including working from ladders and platforms.
- Reach in all directions (up, down, side-to-side, and diagonal reaching), including some awkward reaching to insert components in difficult to reach sections of the product.
- Maintain steady hand/eye coordination.
- Identify wire and paint colors.
- Read fine print.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards.Items may include the following: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, electrostatic discharge wear, and others as determined necessary by Daktronics Risk and Safety Department.
- Ability to travel by air and ground. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
- Ability to meet all workplace safety requirements, which includes following safety protocols related to COVID-19
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.