Welcome to Centura Health – the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options and possibility where you can chart the direction and flow of your career. Welcome to the freedom to believe in what you believe, and welcome to a family guided by shared values and a commitment to extending the healing ministry of Christ. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams and overflowing community. And welcome to wholeness of mind, body and spirit. Welcome to Centura Health.
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. This is the heartbeat of our organization and your time will be spent in a supportive, team environment with resources to help you flourish and leaders who care about your success.
Performs delegated duties consistent with defined role and provides supportive care under the direction of a Registered Nurse and in accordance with policies and procedures. Assumes personal accountability for organizational mission and core values. The nursing student extern role allows nursing students enrolled in an accredited nursing program to gain clinical skills while still in nursing school. Responsibilities include but not limited to performing basic patient care as delegated by an RN (such as: vital signs, blood glucose and I&Os); perform tasks as delegated by a RN such as assisting patients with personal care and activities of daily living and reports abnormal findings or changes in patient status to RN. Assists with keeping unit(s); and patient rooms stocked, cleaned, and orderly.
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Basic computer skills
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Successful completion of sufficient clinical nursing courses to have obtained competency in performing basic health care tasks (nursing fundamentals and med/surg I clinicals or equivalent), required
- Enrolled in a nursing program (ADN, BSN). Proof of active enrollment required each term. Any change in active enrollment status must
be communicated immediately.
- Completion of nursing fundamentals and first clinical rotations or equivalent and must be enrolled in a nursing program (ADN, BSN).
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American Heart Association required
Physical Requirements - Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
We’re committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package enriches the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off & Sick Pay
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role. *If you do not see the pay range for this position listed, you are on a third-party job board. All our pay ranges are posted on our careers site www.centura.org/careers. Please visit our careers’ page and apply today!