Make a difference with a career in insurance
At The Cincinnati Insurance Companies, we put people first and apply the Golden Rule to our daily operations. To put this into action, were looking for extraordinary people to join our talented team. Our service-oriented, ethical, knowledgeable, caring associates are the heart of our vision to be the best company serving independent agents. We help protect families and businesses as they work to prevent or recover from a loss. Share your talents to help us reach for continued success as we bring value to the communities we serve and demonstrate thatActions Speak Louder in Person.
If youre ready to build productive relationships, collaborate within a diverse team, embrace challenges and develop your skills, then Cincinnati may be the place for you. We offer career opportunities where you can contribute and grow.
Start Your Journey With Us
The Cincinnati Insurance Companies' Surety Large Contract department is currently seeking acontract surety underwriter to assists assigned bond field representatives and contract territory underwriters in the production and management of contract bonds and contract bond accounts.
Starting Salary: $60,000
Be Ready To:
- analyze financial statements and schedules of work in progress, open and completed contracts, for existing accounts and new submissions
- identify critical underwriting issues relative to financial statements and bonds requests and programs
- perform basic annual review write-ups as assigned
- develop working relationships with team members both Headquarters and field
- provide administrative support for assigned field representatives communicate directly with agents in the field representative's absence
- develop and increase surety knowledge, such as earning anAFSB designation
- the ability to travel with overnight stays for relationship development with agencies and accounts
Be Equipped With:
basic understanding of accounting
- good written and verbal communication
- the ability to multitask
strong time management
- detail oriented with good analytical and problem solving
- the ability to provide outstanding customer service
- proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prior accounting, financial or construction industry experience is helpful but not required
- Qualified candidates have earned a bachelors' degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance
Enhance your talents
Providing outstanding service and developing strong relationships with our independent agents are hallmarks of our company. Whether you have experience from another carrier or youre new to the insurance industry, we promote a lifelong learning approach. Cincinnati provides you with the tools and training to be successful and to become a trusted, respected insurance professional all while enjoying a meaningful career.
Enjoy benefits and amenities
Your commitment to providing strong service, sharing best practices and creating solutions that impact lives is appreciated. To increase the well-being and satisfaction of our associates, we offer a variety of benefits and amenities. Learn more about our benefits and amenities packages.
Many departments at our Headquarters in Fairfield, Ohio, offer hybrid work options, empowering associates to work from home several days a week. Depending on your role and responsibilities, hybrid options may be available.
Embrace a diverse team
As a relationship-based organization, we welcome and value a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race; creed; color; sex, including sexual orientation, gender identity and transgender status; religion; national origin; age; disability; military service; veteran status; pregnancy; AIDS/HIV or genetic information; or any other basis prohibited by law. Learn More.