Guest Service Agent & Night Auditor
- To assist guests efficiently, courteously, and professionally in all Guest Service related functions and to maintain high standards of service and hospitality.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times. Promptly and effectively deal with guest complaints and requests. Check guests in and out efficiently and in a friendly manner.
- Post guest charges and compute guest bill, collect payment and make change for hotel guests following all cash handling procedures as required by M&R Hospitality Management.
- Handle guest mail and messages per established procedures. Be very knowledgeable of Rewards program and promotions.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, room locations, room rates, amenities, and selling strategies. Take reservation requests efficiently.
- Answer switchboard in accordance with standards of proper telephone etiquette. Block rooms and handle special requests.
- Monitor room availability.
- Handle safe deposits by guests per established procedures. Keep lobby and desk area clean and presentable.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency and security procedures. Offer and properly handle requests for wake-up calls.
- Know how to clean guest rooms to standards.
- Clean lobby, meeting room, vending room, breakfast room, and back office area. Work on laundry during down times adhering to standards.
- Open and close shift; make cash drops.
- Ensure all credit cards, cash, and change fund are balanced throughout each shift. Inform management of any guest or systems related complaints or problems.
- Communicate with incoming staff and management by logging pertinent information in the pass on log. Keep maintenance informed of all maintenance needs.
- Pass on guest lost and found inquiries to management or supervisors.
- Assist in marketing effort by completing Company Tracking nightly.
- Must wear proper uniform at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Be able to move luggage or packages weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the M&R Employee Handbook
- Perform other duties as assigned by management, of which employee is capable of performing