Plainfield Animal Hospital in South Plainfield New Jersey, is looking for a Veterinary Receptionist to join our hard working team! We are an AAHA accredited hospital that has been serving the community for almost 70 years. We offer a flexible schedule, full benefits, and the opportunity to work in a fun and fast paced environment!
The Receptionist supports and adds value to an efficient organization dedicated to quality care and exceptional service. You will perform a variety of clerical and customer service work in providing support to the hospital, and to clients during often high stress situations.
- Coordinate the flow of pets and owners in the lobby; placates owners distressed by long waits, scheduling glitches, and other problems.
- Identify potential emergencies in person, and over the phone, and schedule those appointments appropriately.
- Organize and process all payment plans, billing statements, and collections.
- Perform cashiering duties; process refunds, returns and credits as needed.
- Responds to inquiries about the range of services the practice provides and the species it treats; refer to appropriate department/staff member as needed.
- Input data to practice management software to check pets in; make simple postings to accounts; compile data for various reports.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail; and process outgoing mail.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments; provide clients with appointment reminders and any special instructions; call clients whose pets have overdue treatments.
- Respond to client emails; type and edit a variety of correspondence, and process faxes.
- Able to learn basic veterinary medicine terminology.
- Become familiar with retail products, medications, vaccinations, routine testing, and heartworm and flea preventatives and be able to confidently discuss with clients.
- Use Windows based computer systems, word processing, email, web search and other skills needed to effectively use software.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education, and/or experience.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures such as alphabetizing files and records.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and able to work some weekends and holiday.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation and/or extended periods of time standing and/or walking.
- Some moderately physically demanding work, involving lifting or carrying up to 50 pounds.
Full time benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, uniform allotment, vacation time, and discounts on pet care. Please visit www.plainfieldanimalhospital.com for more information on our hospital. Please apply for our veterinary receptionist position online through PetVetCareers.com