Manage assigned Coating & Lining projects for both federal and commercial market sectors in order to achieve project goals and to ensure quality service. This position will ensure client satisfaction balancing competing demands among scope, time, cost, and quality; clients with differing needs and expectations as well as identified project needs and expectations to achieve profit goals and excellent client satisfaction in alignment with the S&B Infrastructure (SBI) Strategic Objectives.
- Effectively manage assigned projects to achieve budgeted gross margins for successful financial performance
- Effective management of resources
- Conduct client kick-off meetings and communicate the results of the client expectations to senior management and team members
- Monthly project reviews of all assigned projects focusing on cost control and schedule compliance with updates to Project Cost Control System
- Establish and maintain relationships with main client POCs, participate in program-level meetings with clients to ensure repeat business and identify upcoming bid opportunities
- Support and participate in proposal development
- Submission of all client required documentation and preparation of invoices
- Effectively maintain and update all project schedules
- Identify, analyze, and respond to project risk elements
- Effectively develop and manage/utilize assigned project staff resources. This position may provide technical expertise and technical assistance to assigned project support staff
- Evaluate overall staffing needs within area of accountability and align assigned team with policies, culture, and values at SBI
- Provide resource planning, project cost estimating, project cost budgeting, and project cost control
- This position may perform technical work; develop contract reports, and design documents (drawings, specifications, cost estimates); provide onsite technical assistance; report writing, and conduct contractor submittal reviews
- Attend all scheduled project management meetings, communicate conflicts that would prevent meeting attendance
- Manage sub-contractors and approval of sub-contractor invoices
- Acquire needed supplies and services from outside vendors
- Keep required licensing and certifications current (NACE, SSPC, AMPP, PMP)
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all corporate policies and reporting systems and scheduling software
- Maintain efficient and productive support/resources to assigned projects
- Ensure safety on all assigned projects with no reportable incidents or accidents on all assigned projects and follow corporate reporting requirements for any incidents that do occur
- Accurate monthly review and forecast of project revenues
- Timely invoicing for all assigned projects
- Adhere to and ensure all projects meet applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) including quality requirements as outlined in Quality SOP
- Continuous communication with Clients, operations management, and support team
- Receive above average client ratings and on all Client evaluations
- Assure the technical review of all deliverables prior to client submittal to ensure technical and quality standards are met
- Meet or exceed individual and direct reports chargeability goals for the year
- Quality issues are brought up immediately through the appropriate quality team member / project manager / operations manager. Investigate, develop and implement corrective action, pass on for lessons learned
- Timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, storage, and ultimate disposition of project information per retention schedule.
- Electronic timekeeping is maintained in accordance with corporate timekeeping policy
- Understanding and compliance with corporate announcements and/or initiatives communicated through company-wide emails
- Active participation in quarterly and annual performance evaluation meetings with Supervisor and direct reports, as applicable, to identify potential areas of professional development as well as deficiencies and plans for improvement
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required for the management of government projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering/Management/Science or in lieu of a college degree, a High School Diploma or GED and formal training in Industrial Management/Engineering plus six (6) years related field experience (Inspection, Execution, Engineering, Coatings & Linings) required for the management of government projects
- Associate Degree, BA or BS in Industrial Engineering/Management/Science or related discipline preferred
- NACE/AMPP CIP 2
- Knowledge of US Department of Defense UFC, UFGS, QPD listed coating and lining systems.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible related field experience and task management, with at least two (2) years for Department of Defense projects
- Two (2) years of experience as project manager for military, commercial and industrial coatings.
REQUIRED OUTSIDE TRAINING/CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS
- OSHA 30- Hour Construction Safety & Health Training or equivalent (Optional)
- USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors Training
- AMPP/NACE CIP 2 or higher
- The job holder may require additional job-related certification and/or training during the course of employment for specific tasks and/or project and/or field operations support
- Demonstrated proficiency in both oral and written communication
- Fundamental knowledge of mathematics demonstrated by the ability to solve a variety of problems that can be modeled or solved by quantitative means
- Understanding of UFC and UFGS coating requirements
- Knowledge of estimating by full take offs from plan drawings and specifications to help work up numbers for projects.
- Ability to operate computers using standard word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Technical and administrative aspects of all phases of project management, including management of all information systems including those used to develop projects and preparation of design plans; all related codes, guidelines, and regulations applicable to Business Unit; how to facilitate and communicate in a multidisciplinary environment:
- Excellent financial management skills
- Understanding and ability to manage schedules
- Understanding of contracts/subcontracts
- Understanding of earned value management (to the extent required by clients)
- Effective development, scheduling, control, and execution of assigned projects using the application of generally accepted project management tools, skills, knowledge, and techniques
- Display a consistent effort to listen, comprehend and act in response to the needs of both internal and external clients to provide excellent service and client satisfaction
- Ability to interpret regulations and to communicate with others; read detailed blueprints and plans; establish and maintain effective working relationships with commissions and boards, state and local government agencies, contractors, and builders to include the understanding and application of related federal, state and city regulations.
- Proficient in the use, management, and administration of the information technology platforms in use at SBI
- Knowledge of or the capacity to learn SBI’s management systems (Business Opportunity set up, project cost control, Document Management System, etc.)
- Work efficiently with the ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective everyday working relationships with various teams and levels of command
- Ability to establish program objectives or performance goals, and to assess progress toward their achievement
- Analytical skills – ability to collect and research data
- Know the business, show understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization and business
- Leadership skills with the ability to make judgment calls and clearly explain their reasoning, yet know when to seek approvals from management
- Act with integrity and commit to quality
- Demonstrate adaptability and champion change
- Build relationships, relate to colleagues in an accepting manner, show sincerity, initiate relationships with others as a key priority
- Foster teamwork and value diversity; hold oneself and others accountable for living SBI’s values in every decision we make, every action we take, and every communication we have
- The job description in no way states nor does it imply that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee in this position. The job holder will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other appropriate, job-related duties requested by his/her supervisor.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors. Job success often hinges upon interpersonal communication and relationship development skills, and job tasks require frequent interchange and successful completion depends in large part upon effective interaction and communication with others.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as cost and schedule risk analysis and estimating techniques.
Occasionally, will conduct or participate in field trips to existing plants. This requires the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance. Lifting of 25 pounds may be required. It also requires clear close and distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Normal work environment will be a business office with moderate noise. Occasionally, will conduct or participate in construction meetings at job sites in operating plants. This may require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, work near moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals and airborne particles.