Springs Window Fashions is hiring for a Plant Manager in the McAllen, TX area
Springs Window Fashions is a leader in the custom window treatment industry since 1939. Headquartered in Middleton WI, we have over 8,000 associates and 18 locations worldwide. Our custom window treatments are available under the Bali, Graber, Sunsetter and Mecho brands in nearly every major retailer, in thousands of designer showrooms and showcased in large commercial buildings.
Our company has invested heavily building capabilities the last three years to become a leader in product innovation. As North America’s premier window covering company, we’re committed to creating a “Best Experience” for our consumers, channel partners and associates.
We are bringing new innovations to the market at an accelerating pace and have a lot to offer consumers who want to improve their home décor. Despite COVID, our company is experiencing high growth as consumers spend more time at home and want to redecorate.
The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall performance of site operations. He/she has responsibility for setting the facility's strategic direction, creating ATO fabrication production and component inventory plans, and developing/overseeing tactical support plans. The Plant Manager will have profit and loss responsibility for all Plant operations.
Overall Manufacturing Operations
- Drive achievement of all Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost Metrics
- Responsible for management, efficient operation, and continuous improvement of the Manufacturing Departments requiring diverse product, process knowledge, and interpersonal skills.
- Assist in leading the Maintenance and Tool Room departments in their supporting role as well as other facilities, manufacturing & product engineering, and New Product Development Department.
- Mentor, train and develop staff in BEx Guiding principles, Lean Mfg, continuous improvement, supply chain cost reductions, operating budgets, (Balanced Scorecards), and Quality @ Source initiatives.
- Insure that customer needs are understood and that quality and on time shipments are paramount.
- Responsible for the overall associate safety and security of the facility. Achieved through collaboration between direct reports, leads, and safety manager by setting safety goals and emphasizing high expectations of awareness through the 5-S initiatives from all associates.
- Being proactive within compliance of OSHA and NIOSH laws affecting associates.
- Assure that staff resolves issues in a timely and equitable basis.
- Drive ergonomic improvements through continual assessments and improvements.
- Drive associate engagement programs and participation.
- Responsible for building quality into everything we do at every stage.
- Each manufacturing functional area is challenged with continuous improvement through improved process controls, departmental process teams, and action planning in both the short and long term.
- Goals are set to reduce remakes and reduce waste.
- Implement controls to protect the customer from quality escapes.
- Assure production capacity and capability in terms of staffing and processes are in place to meet forward-looking demand plan.
- Monitor daily production and order backlogs to assure lead-time targets are met.
- Create and monitor component inventory plans in collaboration with supply chain team to assure materials are available to meet production plans.
- Develop and Drive Cost Improvement initiatives.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers to define improvement targets and design the process to meet target timelines.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing Principles to drive reduction in all forms of waste.
Teaming / Engagement
- Will participate as an active member in numerous cross-functional teams listening to Voice of the Associate, Voice of the Customer, and Voice of the Process to make continuous improvements.
- Work with cross-functional teams along with senior management to ensure company objectives are being achieved within the direction of the strategic plan.
- Grow the engagement of the salary and hourly workforce through training, development, and participation in the daily operations and continuous improvement of the factory
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required
- 8 years of relevant experience required
- Experience with build-to-order or discrete manufacturing
- Strong background in lean manufacturing
- Experience leading a plant greenfield, brownfield, or turnaround preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong leadership skills. Must be able to build trust and strong relationship with team.
- Plant manager must be assertive and work with sense of urgency
- Strong working knowledge of lean manufacturing and its application
- Experience working with ERP system
- Added plus - bilingual in Spanish
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drive Engagement – Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Instill Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Drive Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Consumer/Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering on customer-centric solutions
- Critical Thinking – Making Sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Being Resilient – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement