The Renaissance Midtown, located in the heart of Midtown Atlanta! We welcome you, our new Ambassadors! The face our Renaissance community family, where we dare you to be different, we strive to be bold, providing the experience you need to grow. We are delighted to offer you an energetic, professional, dare I say fun. Join our team, be our AMBASSADOR!
We are seeking a host with most to join our team. Our ambassadors create a space for our guest to be him or herself, we provide, independence, indigenous and intriguing experience to all Renaissance our guest. Are you ready to join the team of stars then this is the place for you, come on in.
· $500.00 Sign On Bonus
· Medical, Vision and Dental
· 401K employer match
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Sage hotel & Restaurant discount & Branded Hotel Discount
· Employee Meal Discount
· Referral Incentive
Share Sage Values & Culture: At Sage we create a culture of belonging. Our team members serve with creativity, and passion. Sage associates execute unforgettable experiences and take pride in our communities. We set new standards in hospitality.
Maintains an efficient and courteous restaurant operation by greeting arriving customers, seating, establishing rapport and assisting with restaurant service. Receives and accurately processes payment for restaurant charges.
- Meets arriving customers as they enter restaurant with cordial greeting.
- Escorts to assigned tables, issues menus and solicits rapport in order to accommodate special needs or requests.
- Assigns sections and notifies servers of new seats in their section to ensure the customers receive immediate and proper attention.
- Maintains a highly visible appearance in restaurant during entire shift by remaining at the cashier station and periodically circulating through the restaurant in order to assist servers, to respond to any customer requests and to assess the efficiency of the operation for management.
- Receives payment and processes the transaction on computerized cash register, counting back change out loud for the protection of guest and restaurant.
- Verifies accuracy of all items on guest checks by confirming correct pricing, discounts and method of payment.
- Ensures that all charge vouchers are completely filled out and verifies dates, charge amount, authorization number and signature.
- Elicits feedback from departing customers on products and services in order to improve the operation to increase customer base and maximize revenues. Takes written notes in order to report comments to management.
- Distributes and accounts for all checks issued to servers for the shift by maintaining accurate written check issuance log for entire shift.
- Counts all revenues received for the day, using calculator and balancing to cash register reports, immediately alerting management to discrepancies.
- Balances and reconciles computerized and manual reports at the end of each shift in order to present accurate and organized daily business records to the Accounting Department.
- Maintains a clean and attractive restaurant by assisting with vacuuming, sweeping, general cleaning and sidework duties.
- Checks the proper set-up of tables and seating prior to opening.
- Immediately reports in writing any maintenance or housekeeping discrepancies to management.
- Exhibits a professional appearance and maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
High School diploma or equivalent
Previous experience of 3 months in a position with heavy cash handling responsibilities and customer service exposure.
- Must have high school graduate level mathematical aptitude, know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized cash register systems.
- Must have general knowledge of basic customer service skills, restaurant operations, and food service principles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English, follow written and verbal instruction, and work on more than one task at a time.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
- Must be able to handle coins and writing utensils, grasp handles, push buttons and carry dishes.
- Must be able to lift and carry trays and bus tubs weighing up to 10lbs.
- Must be able to stand throughout entire shift and to lift arms above head to retrieve objects from shelves.
- Must have vision ability to read written communiques, computer screens and print-outs, see colors and to survey entire room in dimly lit conditions.
Standing and walking during entire shift, including carrying, lifting and bending. Indoor environment.