How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
HMH has created an internal CVO or a Centralized Verification Organization which is an organization that provides credentialing services to multiple facilities within the HMH System sharing information between these facilities. The core responsibility of a CVO is to collect, verify, and organize data and document images in order to generate online practitioner credentialing and reports. Our CVO will eliminate the repetitive steps in credentialing that occur between multiple sites within one health care network. A single credentialing and recredentialing application will be used to populate each practitioner’s credentialing profile within the credentialing database, the single source of truth for the Medical Staff, and prepare and share the primary source verifications and document images that are received.
This position coordinates CVO credentialing and recredentialing processes performed on behalf of HMHS entities. A key performance area will be regulatory and accreditation knowledge and compliance. The Credentials Coordinator position will function remotely but will be required to come to the office based on business need.
A day in the life of a CVO Credentials Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Coordinates comprehensive credentialing and recredentialing verification process
- Conducts thorough background investigation, research and primary source verification of all components of the initial credentialing and re-credentialing file as designated; identifies issues that require additional investigation and evaluation, validates discrepancies and ensures timely processing and appropriate follow up
- Supports required data entry/maintenance into credentialing software in a timely and accurate manner to maintain and monitor credentialing program operations and to ensure consistent, accurate data is available to multiple downstream applications
- Performs ongoing credentialing monitoring to assure accuracy, timely performance of verification processes, profile audits, and required followup of identified issues.
- Supports the use of process and performance improvement data to support best practice processes and implement change as needed.
- Collaborates with Manager and other key staff in support of an ongoing performance improvement and reporting process that is accurate, timely and action driven.
- Provides and supports ongoing communication with CVO Manager especially in regards to risk/issues identified during the credentialing/recredentialing process.
- Contributes and supports technology integration and migration with other system information systems as needed.
- Provides support to Manager, Credentialing to help ensure continuous compliance with state, federal laws, organization policies, regulatory agencies and accrediting body standards [CMS, JC, NCQA, HFAP, DNV, AAAHC, URAC, as applicable.].
- Participates in department teams to confirm compliance on an ongoing basis.
- Assures confidentiality is maintained at all times in all aspects of the CVO credentialing process May Support Other Related Functions by
- Provides support to manager and team in supporting practitioner competency as needed (i.e. focused and ongoing professional practice evaluation (FPPE/OPPE) activities.
- Collaborates with CVO Manager in monitoring ongoing client satisfaction and identified opportunities. Consults With: I. Medical services professionals (MSPs in MSOs, CVOs, MCOs, etc.) II. Individual practitioners III. HMHS CVO leaders
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 3+ years in industry credentialing setting (MSO, CVO, MCO) in multi-hospital system
- Takes accountability, uses initiative, thinks strategically, possesses critical thinking skills, promotes change, uses good judgment, seeks guidance as needed,
- Strong inpersonal skills, teamwork and communicates effectively
- Ability to effectively interact with populations of patients/customers with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity
- Excellent credentialing technical skills
- Knowledge of multiple accrediting bodies and verification sites and modalities.
- Overall working knowledge of software programs with a drive to incorporate technology in all operational functions.
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail driven
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Gets results
- Drives service excellence
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Minimum of Associates degree in Health Care Administration or related field.
- Three years healthcare experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- 1+ years in CVO setting (Preferred).
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- NAMSS Certification (Certified Professional in Medical Services Management or Certified Provider Credentials Specialist)
- Must be achieved within two years of employment and ongoing maintenance of certification will be required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!