Responsible for assisting the Front Office Manager with the planning, organization, development and direction of the Front Office departments. Assists with the development of the Front Office staff to operate at the highest service standards as they relate to efficiency, professionalism, accuracy, and customer service. Builds and manages teams effectively.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Provides guidance and leadership to front office staff. Assists with selection, training, scheduling, supervising, developing, disciplining and counseling team members according to property policies and procedures.
2. Ensures Guest Services Agents consistently review expected arrivals in advance, checks guests in/out of property according to procedures, ensures accurate guest billing, and makes reservations outside of hours if needed.
3. Ensures Guest Services Agents are adhering to all established accounting and cashiering practices including processing package adjustments, transfers, write-offs
4. Ensures overall organization and operation of the Night Audit Operations. Ensures day's revenue balances are reconciled, payments to the guest ledger are processed, and the accounts receivables are balanced. Ensures the Night Audit balances and verifies the summary of dialing transactions in the hotel.
5. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
6. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
7. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
8. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Receives and records vouchers, credit cards, personal checks, business checks, cash, and other forms of payment. Converts foreign currency at current posted rates.
2. Maintains the integrity of the room inventory and optimizes room revenue when blocking or rooming guests.
3. Responds to emergency calls and ensures operational support areas are covered to provide excellent customer service.
4. Effectively deals with internal and external customers, some of who may require a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger. Collects accurate information and resolves conflicts. Keeps immediate manager promptly and fully informed of any problems, potential safety issues, or unusual situations so prompt corrective action may be taken. Communicates with other departments to fulfill guest needs.
5. Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related
duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add,
modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Three or more years related experience required. Prior lead or supervisory experience in similar role desired.
3. Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
4. Requires advanced knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping transactions commonly used at comparable hotel or resort.
5. Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with guests of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest satisfaction.
6. Able to use mathematics to solve problems.
7. Requires ability to use computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
8. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
9. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
10. Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
11. Completes all required training as scheduled.
12. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
13. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands for sustained periods of time or walks from one work area to another. While performing the duties of the job the team member frequently uses fingers to enter data into computer or operate telephone/office equipment. The team member occasionally grasps objects. The team member frequently reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. Repetitive
motions are made while entering data into computers. The team member occasionally stoops, kneels and crouches. The team member regularly talks and hears to answer phones and communicate with guests or staff. Lifting is occasionally required to move luggage and equipment. Exerts up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move
objects. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to view telephone console, computer terminal, documents and guests. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned and to make general observations of facilities. The team member is subject to inside environmental conditions. The noise level is moderate. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to electrical current found in office related equipment. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric conditions such as perfumes, odors, or dusts.
ACRI Dallas by the Galleria is an equal employment employer M/F/V/D
Assistant Front Office Manager
AC Dallas Residence Inn