Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
The RN Educator is a registered professional nurse who demonstrates expertise in clinical nursing.
Assumes accountability and responsibility for provision of professional development to positively
influence the quality and cost effectiveness of patient care. Responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating a program of education. Programming includes initial and ongoing staff competency (including a standardized nursing orientation), as well as continued education as identified by needs assessments and regulatory requirement initiatives. Applies policies, procedures, standards, and regulations as appropriate to their populations. The scope of the education will be determined through collaborative practice with leadership, educators, and advanced practice nurses to enhance the quality and cost effectiveness of patient care; assumes the role of an educator, facilitator, consultant, researcher and change agent.
RN Educator position will work with all departments hospital wide.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 0800-1700. Will require weekends. Nights will be required as needed for shift education. There will also be occassional holiday requirements based on trainings and needs of the departments.
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing (BSN), required
- Masters Degree, preferred
- Five years of experience in nursing
- Two years of staff development, academic teaching and/or project development coordination, preferred
- Requires advanced knowledge in nursing, evidence-based practice methods, and person-centered care concepts
- Nursing skills and knowledge base specific to specialty unit
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office products and e-learning platform
- Professional certification preferred
- Demonstrates progress in obtaining staff development certification within one year of meeting eligibility requirements
- RN License required; Current state nursing licenses or RN license from a participating state in the National Licensure Compact
- Colorado Only: RNs working in Colorado under a multi-state license must obtain their CO RN license within 30 days of establishing residency, i.e., drivers license, register to vote, etc. Compact to Compact.Upon issuance of a new multistate license,the former license is inactivated. For more information visit
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- ACLS required
- PALS required
Physical Requirements -Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Healths connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
We provide whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package will enrich the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health we offer exceptional benefits to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible.
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents.
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents.
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents.
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence.
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock.
- Paid Time Off
- Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Shift differentials
- Relocation assistance based on location.
- Associate Discounts for phone, cell phone plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role.
If you do not see the pay for this position listed above or see an estimate, it is because you are on a second party job board. Please visit www.centura.org/careers to apply and see the pay range for this role. All of our pay ranges are posted clearly on the Centura Health Careers site.