High School Diploma or GED, Previous surveillance experience using surveillance equipment and systems, pass an extensive, background check in accordance with Kaw Nation Gaming Commission regulations in order to obtain a gaming license, must be able to take directions well, implement changes, and work within a small enclosed area with others as a team. Job Summary
Under the direction of the Surveillance Manager, the Surveillance Officer is responsible for observing activities at the Kaw Nation Gaming Facilities for compliance with Federal, State, and Tribal laws and ordinances. The Surveillance Officer, through observation, is to protect the integrity of the facility, all money, and all assets of KGI and Kaw Nation. They also retain and file video records of casino activities in the event the records need to be used for investigations. The job also usually involves submitting written or verbal reports of any theft or suspicious behavior.
Observing, receiving and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources. Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment to detect or assess problems. Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or, detecting changes in circumstances or events. Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form. Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with law, regulations or standards. Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, email or in person. Responsibilities and Duties
- Dependable and attention to detail
- Operate a closed circuit surveillance system within all KGI gaming facilities.
- Observe patrons and employees participating in gaming activities to detect infractions of house and policy rules and regulations.
- Observe patrons to detect various types of scams, fraud, and other violators as designated by the immediate supervisor.
- Record irregularities through detailed written reports to supervisor and upper management.
- Will ensure all KGI gaming facilities are following the Kaw Nation Gaming Ordinance.
- Prepare daily activity report logs, incident reports and daily inter-departmental surveillance reports.
- Safeguard all confidential information and maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Will assist gaming floor by telephone and two-way radio.
- Maintain a professional demeanor, socially perspective, team work, high level of integrity and high level of confidentiality.
- Ensure compliancy and that department is running smoothly and effectively at all times.
- Confidentiality issues are to be discussed with upper management and not be discussed between co-workers at any location.
- Good computer and reading/writing skills
- Public Safety and Security Knowledge, Active listening, Critical thinking
- Be courteous and professional at all times to co-workers, guests, vendors or anyone you may have contact with while on duty.
- Appropriate dress will be maintained at all times while on the clock and/or conducting KGI business as stated in the KGI personnel policies and procedures.
- Must inform KGI H.R. and KNGC of any personal information changes.
- Must have your gaming badge on your person at all times while on duty or conducting company business.
- Any duties that may be assigned by immediate or controlling supervisor