Construction Company seeking an experienced Financial Controller!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Marissa Okun
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000 per yearA bit about us:
We are seeking a highly motivated, seasoned Controller that is ready to take the next step in their career and become a part of a world-class builder looking that has experienced explosive growth and ready to bring on top-tier Controllership function. We are looking for a Controller to supervise, track and evaluate day-to-day activities/operations of the accounting department. The Controller is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Controller supervises an Assistant Controller, Cash Manager and Project Accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the
support of budget and forecast activities. Below are the basic skills set of a solid profile that we are looking to identify as only qualified candidates will be considered for this position that meet the following requirements:Why join us?
- Sage 300/Timberline System Working Knowledge. Procore helpful but not critical.
- Controller experience for a construction - 10+ years
- Full-cycle accounting knowledge; AR, AP, Cash/Bank Reconciliations, Loan liabilities, Equity partner capital funding,
distribution and income allocations (book vs tax basis)
- Real Estate Construction accounting experience using POC % accounting based on job cost budgets and contract
billings in progress for our construction long-term construction projects.
- Tax & Audit work paper experience working with LLC and Corporations
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license active
- Advanced Excel Skills-All of our functional analytical tools use some or all of the following
- Proven working 10+ years of experience as Controller for a Construction or Real Estate services firm that manages AIA documents and payment applications and related contract documents and supporting documents.
- Minimum of 5 years' of experience at the management level working directly for Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in a
high-growth, restructuring environment.
- High-level, expert proficiency on MS-Excel, Power BI, MS-Office, accounting software Sage 300/Timberline with an
ability to manipulate large amounts of data. SLC Controller
- Proven knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Ability to prepare and review financial statement preparation, tax and audit workpaper and related documents.
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills. Ability to direct and supervise, manage accounting staff effective to
achieve financial goals and objectives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity.
- Experience with budgeting, cost tracking, invoicing, billing, cost accounting
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.