Spenard Builders Supply is Alaska's choice for building materials and home improvements. Statewide, we service the needs of a variety of customers including residential and commercial builders, specialty contractors, government and other institutions, and especially do-it-yourselfers. Check out our latest building products, events, manufacturing services or find an SBS near you.Today, Spenard Builders Supply is owned by Builders FirstSource, the largest supplier of building products, prefabricated components, and value-added services to the residential construction market in the U.S. We provide customers an integrated homebuilding solution, offering manufacturing, supply, delivery and installation for a full range of structural and related building products.
Under general supervision, drives delivery vehicle to transport materials to location or at customer site that requires the operation of a crane or boom in the loading and off-loading of materials. Operates crane or boom on delivery truck, including rigging, planning and hoisting of a variety of heavy construction materials. Requires a CDL license to operate delivery vehicle in excess of 26,001 pounds. Requires a crane or boom operator certification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Drives delivery vehicle to transport product, materials or supplies to and from locations and at customer site.
* Loads and/or unloaded materials that require the operation of a crane/boom by rigging, planning and hoisting a variety of heavy construction materials onto delivery trucks.
* Calculates the boom/crane capacities and weights and checks clearances so that buildings, hydro wires and foundation of the machine will not be damaged during operation.
* Calculates weight of materials to ensure it is not over weight limits of the truck and/or DOT regulations.
* Addresses and resolves customer issues as appropriate. Informs supervisors of any issues that remain outstanding related to customer deliveries, truck loading, and route sequence.
* Inspects and maintains crane/boom equipment in order to ensure safety and prevent damage to equipment and surrounding structures.
* Maintains logs of delivery duties including amounts and/or weights of items, mileage and locations of deliveries; checks items against invoice or bill of lading.
* Inspects and maintains delivery vehicle to ensure safety and compliance with regulatory requirements. Reports any maintenance problems to supervisor.
* Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related productivity goals.
* Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
* Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and two (2) years driving experience and a minimum of one (1) year experience operating a Boom or Crane, or equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Must have a valid CDL at all times and be at least 21 years of age. Boom or Crane Operator certification required.
* Knowledge of safety procedures while performing driving and materials handling tasks
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to read and understand maps, routes, road signs
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out route assignment
* Ability to read and understand machine and equipment diagrams and system schematics
* Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
* Must have a CDL license and comply with all state and federal regulations.
* Must have a Boom or Crane Operator certification.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds frequently and on occasion may be required to lift and carry, with assistance, up to 200 pounds.
* Must be able to physically operate crane equipment (climb up and down into cab, twist torso for 360-degree visibility, use arms to operate controls, etc.).
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource,
please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
* Job Family OPS
* Pay Type Hourly
* Alaska, USA
* Homer AK Lumber - 3978 Lake St (99603), 3978 Lake St, Homer, Alaska, United States of America
* Homer, AK, USA