Location: Augustine, DE
Full Time Position
Competitive Salary + Benefits
- Minimum JD or LLB from an accredited law school; LLM or MBA a plus.
- Current admission to Bar of any state.
- 3+ years of experience in the Trust & Estates group (or related area of practice) of a law firm or with a trust company or bank trust department.
- Familiarity with sophisticated estate planning techniques and transactional skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and have excellent communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Experience with trust accounting software (e.g., AccuTrust, SEI or SunGard) a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of the Legal Department, including the Trust Counsel, to assure that the company’s fiduciary responsibilities are properly discharged, that clients are served expeditiously and professionally, and that the company’s business is conducted in such a way as to accomplish our client’s goals without creating undue risk to the company. It is necessary to combine exemplary client service with diligent risk management.
Duties and responsibilities also include the following:
- Work closely with clients’ attorneys and other advisors in the drafting of trusts and other legal documents, working collaboratively to ensure that trust accounts accepted by CTC are governed by documents that adhere to CTC’s standards.
- Review other documents, including partnership agreements and LLC operating agreements, with a view towards whether they are acceptable to CTC.
- Draft release agreements and other documents relating to the opening, administration and closing of trust accounts.
- Prepare Trust Summaries.
- Review Distribution Memos and Funds Transfer Forms, and work with Trust Administrators to ensure that CTC has received and analyzed all information and documentation necessary for CTC to make an informed decision regarding making transfers of assets from trust accounts.
- Review all documents that are for the signature of CTC’s Authorized Signers.
- Assist in the representation of CTC with regard to any pending litigation.
- Adhere to all of CTC’s policies and procedures and ensure that support personnel
- Such other duties as may be assigned by the Vice President of Legal Affairs